Come on a Brecon Beacons and Elan Valley Night Sky Photography Weekend and see the areas with no-one else around!
Both areas are recognised as International Dark Skies Reserves. You’ll experience some great night skies, have an opportunity for star gazing, and if you wish, star trails photography. The workshops are on the Friday and Saturday night, so if visiting the area you’ll have both the saturday and the sunday to explore the areas in daylight before rejoining the workshops. Alternatively you can join just one of them (either on the Friday or the Saturday. Travel distance between the two areas is only 45 minutes so you can easily use one base for the workshops. Each workshop runs for around 4.5 hours from 5pm – 9.30pm
Locations are either:
- In the mountains of the Brecon Beacons, giving us an elevated location to capture the night sky,
- At locations such as Tretower Castle or Llangorse Lake, serving as a great foregorund feature and opportunities for mixed lighting and light painting.
- The reservoirs and dams of the Elan Valley
The exact locations selected on the night will depend on the weather conditions on the day.
Workshops are based on advanced technique, composition and creativity for the more experienced photographer.
During each event, we cover:
- Your camera controls,
- Composition theory,
- Long Exposure Photography and creation of light trails
- A range of locations
- Review and post-processing of your images
We can help with the loan of some equipment. A full equipment list is available on request.
Please note that if conditions are dry or acceptable for photography (even if cloudy), the workshops will go ahead as planned. However if wet weather is forecast, an alternative date will be arranged. For this reason, please ask advice before booking accommodation as we will be able to arrange alternative dates with local accommodation providers.
- Brecon Beacons Night Sky Photography Workshop: Example itinerary
- Elan Valley Night Sky Photography Workshop: Example itinerary
Finally, please view our Terms and Conditions before booking.